Ashton Heights, Arlington VA
Ashton Heights is a neighborhood located in Arlington, Virginia, USA. It is situated just north of the Clarendon neighborhood and is bordered by Wilson Boulevard to the south, North Glebe Road to the east, and Interstate 66 to the north and west.
The neighborhood is known for its tree-lined streets, historic homes, and walkability. It is primarily a residential area, with a mix of single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments. The homes in Ashton Heights range in style from colonial to bungalow to Cape Cod.
Ashton Heights is conveniently located near many shops, restaurants, and entertainment options in the Clarendon area. It also has its own community center, parks, and playgrounds. Additionally, the neighborhood is located near several major commuter routes, making it easy to get to other parts of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
Here are some statistics about Ashton Heights, based on data from the U.S. Census Bureau:
- Population: As of the 2020 Census, Ashton Heights had a population of 6,256.
- Demographics: According to the 2020 Census, Ashton Heights is a diverse neighborhood with a population that is 73% White, 11% Hispanic or Latino, 7% Asian, 5% Black or African American, and 4% two or more races. The median age of residents is 34.
- Housing: The majority of housing units in Ashton Heights are owner-occupied, with a homeownership rate of 58%. The median home value in the neighborhood is $1,000,000.
- Income: The median household income in Ashton Heights is $154,524, and the per capita income is $78,971.
- Education: Approximately 72% of adults in Ashton Heights have a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to the national average of 32%. The neighborhood is served by Arlington Public Schools, which is known for its high-quality education