Pentagon City, Arlington VA
Pentagon City is a neighborhood located in Arlington County, Virginia, just south of the Pentagon and across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. It is a densely populated urban area with a mix of residential and commercial developments.
One of the major attractions of Pentagon City is the Pentagon City Mall, which is a large shopping center that features over 170 stores, restaurants, and entertainment options. The mall is located in the heart of the neighborhood and is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike.
In addition to the mall, there are several high-rise apartment and condominium buildings in the area, as well as a number of office buildings. The neighborhood is also home to several parks and green spaces, including the expansive Long Bridge Park, which features a variety of recreational facilities, including sports fields, trails, and a boathouse.
Pentagon City is well-connected to other parts of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, with several Metro stations nearby, including Pentagon City Station, which is served by the Blue and Yellow lines. It is also located near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, making it a convenient location for travelers.
Here are some statistics about Pentagon City, Arlington, VA:
- Population: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, as of 2020, the estimated population of Pentagon City was 16,669.
- Demographics: Pentagon City is a diverse neighborhood with a mix of ethnic and racial groups. According to the same census data, the racial and ethnic breakdown of the population was approximately 52.7% White, 13.8% African American, 17.3% Asian, and 10.8% Hispanic or Latino.
- Education: The neighborhood is served by the Arlington Public Schools system, which includes several elementary, middle, and high schools in the area. Additionally, there are several higher education institutions nearby, including George Mason University and Marymount University.
- Housing: Pentagon City is primarily a residential neighborhood, with many apartment and condominium buildings. According to Zillow, the median home value in the area is around $571,000, with the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment around $2,100 per month.
- Transportation: Pentagon City is well-connected to other parts of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, with several Metro stations nearby, including Pentagon City Station, which is served by the Blue and Yellow lines. The neighborhood is also served by several bus routes and is located near major highways, including Interstate 395 and the George Washington Memorial Parkway.