Rosslyn, Arlington VA
Rosslyn is a neighborhood located in Arlington County, Virginia, just across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. It is a densely populated urban area with a mix of residential and commercial developments.
One of the major attractions of Rosslyn is its proximity to Washington, D.C. and its many attractions, including the National Mall, Smithsonian museums, and numerous historic sites. Rosslyn is also home to several office buildings and is a major business center, with many companies and organizations having their headquarters located in the neighborhood.
In addition to its commercial developments, Rosslyn is also home to several high-rise apartment and condominium buildings, making it a popular residential area for young professionals and families. The neighborhood features several parks and green spaces, including the popular Gateway Park, which offers stunning views of the Washington, D.C. skyline.
Rosslyn is well-connected to other parts of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, with several Metro stations nearby, including Rosslyn Station, which is served by the Blue, Orange, and Silver lines. It is also located near major highways, including Interstate 66 and the George Washington Memorial Parkway, making it easy to access other parts of the region by car.
-Statistics for Rosslyn VA
- Population: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, as of 2020, the estimated population of Rosslyn was 13,603.
- Demographics: Rosslyn is a diverse neighborhood with a mix of ethnic and racial groups. According to the same census data, the racial and ethnic breakdown of the population was approximately 63.7% White, 8.6% African American, 14.6% Asian, and 8.6% Hispanic or Latino.
- Education: The neighborhood is served by the Arlington Public Schools system, which includes several elementary, middle, and high schools in the area. Additionally, there are several higher education institutions nearby, including Georgetown University and George Washington University.
- Housing: Rosslyn is primarily a commercial and business district, but there are several high-rise apartment and condominium buildings in the area. According to Zillow, the median home value in the area is around $526,000, with the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment around $2,200 per month.
- Transportation: Rosslyn is well-connected to other parts of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, with several Metro stations nearby, including Rosslyn Station, which is served by the Blue, Orange, and Silver lines. The neighborhood is also served by several bus routes and is located near major highways, including Interstate 66 and the George Washington Memorial Parkway.